Oxford Instruments plc Announcement of Preliminary Results for the year to 31 March 2014
Oxford Instruments plc, a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for industry and research, today announces its Preliminary Results for the year to 31 March 2014.
- Orders grew by 2.5% to £342.2 million (2013: £334.0 million)
- Revenue grew by 2.7% to £360.1 million (2013: £350.8 million); 4.3% on a constant currency basis
- Adjusted profit before tax* of £47.1 million (2013: £47.0 million)
- Adjusted operating margin* of 14.0% (2013: 14.1%), in line with 14 Cubed objectives
- Adjusted EPS* up 1.8% at 67.7 pence (2013: 66.5 pence)
- Andor Technology acquisition integrating well and performing ahead of plan
- Investment in R&D, up 11.2% to £27.9 million (2013: £25.1 million)
- Proposed final dividend of 9.04 pence (2013: 8.15 pence), giving a total dividend for the year of 12.4 pence (2013: 11.2 pence)
- Strategy seeks to exploit the convergence of the sciences which will enhance demand for nanotechnology tools
*Adjusted numbers are stated to give a better understanding of the underlying business performance. Details of adjusting items can be found in Note 1.
Jonathan Flint, Chief Executive of Oxford Instruments plc, said:
“The Group delivered another successful result, with orders, sales and profits all ahead of the prior year. We are very pleased to welcome Andor to Oxford Instruments and see the acquisition as an important part of the next phase of our growth.
We will continue to focus on developing innovative new products and growing market share in our core areas of physical science. In addition, we will seek to extend our reach into adjacent new markets by applying our tools and technologies to life science research and analysis.
This convergence of the sciences will enhance long term demand for our nanotechnology tools and enable us to reach a new set of customers working in the nano-bio arena.”
Oxford Instruments plc
Tel: 01865 393200
Jonathan Flint, Chief Executive
Kevin Boyd, Group Finance Director
Tel: 020 3128 8100