Oxford Instruments plc Announcement of Half Year Results for 2014/2015
Oxford Instruments plc, a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for industry and research, today announces its Half Year Results for the six months to 30 September 2014.
- First half orders up 19.9% to £201.5 million (2013: £168.0 million); on a constant currency organic basis, orders up 7.4%.
- First half revenue up 7.3% to £178.5 million (2013: £166.3 million); on a constant currency organic basis revenues down 5.9%.
- Adjusted operating profit* of £18.9 million (2013: £22.0 million).
- Adjusted EPS of 20.9 pence (2013: 28.6 pence).
- Andor Technology acquisition integrating well and performing ahead of expectations; integration of RMG and RoentgenAnalytik acquisitions also proceeding to plan.
- Investment in R&D up 41% to £18.3 million with sustained momentum in new product introductions and strong new product pipeline.
- Interim dividend increased by 10.1% to 3.7 pence per share (2013: 3.36 pence).
*Adjusted numbers are stated to give a better understanding of the underlying business performance. Details of adjusting items can be found in Note 2.
Jonathan Flint, Chief Executive of Oxford Instruments plc, said “We will continue to focus on developing innovative new products and growing market share in our core areas of physical science. Our strategy will extend our reach into adjacent new markets by applying our tools and technologies to life science research and analysis, thus extending the reach and reputation of the Oxford Instruments brand worldwide.”
Oxford Instruments plc
Jonathan Flint, Chief Executive
Kevin Boyd, Group Finance Director
Tel: +44 (0)1865 393200
Rachel Hirst/ Rory King
Tel: +44 (0)20 3128 8100