Oxford Instruments announce the launch of Relate 3D mapping software
For highly accurate three-dimensional EDS mapping of AFM and SEM images
Oxford Instruments NanoAnalysis, today announced the release of Relate, an image analysis software platform that provides highly accurate correlation of EDS, EBSD, EM and AFM data for users of Oxford Instrument’s leading-edge materials characterization tools, in collaboration with Digital Surf, creator of the industry-standard Mountains® surface and image analysis software platform.
This unique combination of hardware and software will bring great value to Oxford Instruments' users working in R&D across a wide range of academic and industrial applications including semiconductors, renewable energy, mining, metallurgy, and forensics.
Relate software lets users get more out of their data by supplying accurate, innovative tools for visualizing, analysing, and reporting, in particular:
- Correlation of spectrometry (EDS and EBSD) data with AFM data and microscopy images with easy to use tools for rapid manual and semi-automated correlation of multiple images.
- 3D and 2D visualisation of composite data sets showing EDS, EBSD, and EM image layers combined with topography and material properties as measured by AFM, helping to reveal the micro- and nano-characteristics of a sample.
- Analysis of correlated quantitative data by extracting underlying data values in addition to qualitative images (e.g. x-ray counts for each element).
- Easy report generation: data and images can be organised and published in popular formats (PDF, Word, etc.)
- Documented, interactive workflow allowing maximum flexibility and traceability during the image analysis process.