Oxford Instruments Group is a global business with worldwide customers, manufacturing facilities and suppliers. This Policy will be implemented at all sites around the world and commits the Group to the prevention of pollution, continuous monitoring and improvement of its activities that could have an adverse impact on the environment. Positive steps will be taken to reduce the Groups carbon footprint and that of products it supplies to its customers.
Oxford Instruments Group companies will adopt the following steps:
- Invest in research and development of new products and applications to enable our customers to meet or exceed their environmental aspirations.
- Comply with all relevant environmental laws in our chosen markets and implement best practice in all our activities.
- Monitor energy usage at all our sites and take practical actions to minimise the local and global carbon footprint.
- Raise environmental awareness amongst our employee’s to enable them to carry out their work with due consideration for any environmental impact.
- Manage our resources to minimise raw material usage and reduce harmful emissions, waste to landfill and energy use.
- Ensure that, where they cannot be re-used or recycled, all waste outputs are disposed of correctly in line with legislation.
- Utilise technology to communicate with our customers, suppliers and overseas sites in order to reduce carbon-intensive travel.
- Work with suppliers and business partners to ensure that they manage their environmental impacts to an acceptable standard.
- When designing new products consideration should be given to the life cycle of the product in order to minimise the products environmental footprint
This Policy applies to all employees. Senior Management is responsible for implementation.