Anti-Bribery & Corruption Policy
HOTLINE CONTACT FOR OXFORD INSTRUMENTS GROUP COMPLIANCE TEAM: +44 1865 393432
e mail: COMPLIANCE@OXINST.COM
It is Oxford Instruments’ policy to conduct all of our business in an honest and ethical manner. We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate and implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery.
We will uphold all laws relevant to countering bribery and corruption in all the jurisdictions in which we operate.
The purpose of this policy is to:
(a) set out our responsibilities, and of those working for us, in observing and upholding our position on bribery and corruption; and
(b) provide information and guidance to those working for us on how to recognise and deal with bribery and corruption issues.
Bribery and corruption are criminal activities punishable for individuals by imprisonment. Under UK and other international laws, if we are found to have taken part in corruption we could face an unlimited fine, be excluded from tendering for public contracts and face damage to our reputation. We, therefore, take our legal responsibilities very seriously.
Who is covered by this policy?
This policy applies to all individuals working at all levels in Oxford Instruments plc and its subsidiaries, and all organisations and individuals providing services for or on behalf of Oxford Instruments including senior managers, officers, directors, employees (whether permanent, fixed-term or temporary), consultants, contractors, trainees, seconded staff, home-workers, casual workers and agency staff, volunteers, interns, agents, brokers, or any other person providing a service for or on our behalf, wherever located. We have a separate policy applicable to all our sales agents and distributors who promote and sell Oxford Instruments products and services.
This policy does not form part of any employee's contract of employment and it may be amended at any time.
We refuse to offer, give or receive bribes or improper payments, or participate in any kind of corrupt activity, either directly or through any third party
What this means to us
We have a clear and simple policy. We must not offer, give or receive bribes or make improper payments to obtain new business, retain existing business or secure any improper advantage and we won’t use or allow others to do such things for us. It is better to miss out on the business or lose the money.
Bribes provided to or received from public officials or private individuals are against the law and our policy, no matter what “local custom” maybe.
- always seek to avoid even the appearance of wrongdoing. Even an allegation of bribery or corruption can seriously damage our reputation
- always record payments and benefits to public officials (e.g. payments made to customs officials when travelling)
- report any attempts to bribe us, or to solicit bribes from us, and any suspicions we have about bribery and corruption. Please refer to the section on Raising Concerns and Protection
We must NOT
- participate in any form of corrupt behaviour
- offer, give, or promise to give any kind of payment, gift or hospitality with the expectation or hope that a business advantage will be received, or to reward a business advantage already given
- accept payments from anyone else that we know or suspect is offered with the expectation that it will obtain a business advantage for them
- hide or fail to record accurately and completely the true nature of our activities, or falsify or tamper with our books or records
- pay more than fair market value for goods and services